WELCOME TO WHERE MY MIND AND WRITTEN WORDS COLLIDE. JOIN ME AS I EXPRESS MY THOUGHTS ON WELLNESS, SOCIAL ISSUES AND MORE. AT TIMES, I AM VERY RAW AS A WRITER WHICH MAY BE DIFFICULT FOR SOME TO DIGEST SO PLEASE BE MINDFUL.
laqwanda roberts-buckley certified life coach
Similar to what I mentioned in one of my earlier articles, I needed to hear from the person that I trust the most. I again needed to hear from myself. Last time, the focus centered on writing notes to yourself to help during the rough times. Instead of writing, speaking positive things about yourself or situation is another choice for exercising self-care.
If you have not guessed it, it is affirmation time.
Most people are familiar with affirmations. If you are not, they are phrases used to encourage yourself or speak positivity over situations. Affirmations can be powerful tools in shifting the mind from negative to positive thoughts.
They are also helpful in the beginning or ending your day. Affirmations can be applied to any situation and used at your own discretion. There are no rules to affirmations. You basically say them until you believe them then you say them again.
Affirmations can be silly, serious, futuristic, and calming.
Although easy to develop, sometimes it’s helpful to have a list to guide you. Here is a list of a few affirmations to get you going whenever you feel the need to affirm yourself.
1. I am enough every day. – It’s difficult to believe this at times because it’s so easy to lean toward the negative end. Despite negative thoughts, you have everything you need to be you today. You are enough for the task at hand. You have enough within you to care from you.
2. I am worth the fight. – Life is not always a cake walk. Actually, the things that you truly want don’t always come so easy. Sometimes you have to fight for a better life and a better you. Please know that you are worth every moment you have to step into the ring of life. You are worth the effort to stand up each time life sends you a blow. You are worth it.
3. I have value. – Everything about you is meant for a purpose. Regardless if you realize it today or tomorrow, you are valuable. You are supposed to be here.
4. Today is beautiful and so is tomorrow. – Look for the beauty in the day, even when it’s difficult to do so. Try not to focus on bigger things in the day but rather the smaller things.
5. I make good decisions. – Making good decisions can be a hit and miss at times. When you get it right it feels great. When you miss, it can be a struggle to believe in yourself a second go around. Try to keep the past in the past. Release it and attempt to believe in yourself again.
6. I am a strong person. – This is simple enough. You have a unique strength about you. Hold on to it.
7. I am an inwardly and outwardly beautiful person. – You are beautiful. It is not meant for others to define. It is not meant for everyone to experience. It is meant for you to understand this about yourself every day.
8. I love myself. – This can be difficult at times. However, loving yourself is key. It’s the first and truest love you can have. It starts with you.
9. I will not let defeat define me. You win some and you lose some. That’s a part of life. Regardless, you do not have to allow it to shape a negative image of yourself. Instead, attempt to learn whatever lessons you need, grow, and let the rest go.
10. I have hope for tomorrow. In the midst of a storm, it can be difficult for you to think about the next day. It can be helpful to project yourself to believe that the next day will be better than the current one.
Affirmations such as these again are powerful in developing positive thoughts. They don’t have to be long or perfect. Simply think about the areas you need support and say what comes to mind.
You know what you need to hear on a daily basis to get moving. Stand in front of a mirror and speak life to yourself. You are worth it.